Mobile interpretations are more commonly referred to as Mobile translation. It is the process of providing audio translation using any electronic gadget (such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets) or an application software. Mobile interpreting is a great method to overcome language barriers in real time.
It is a professional translation service which caters to individuals who wish to communicate with another person who do not share a common language via an electronic device or platform based application.
What Does Mobile Interpreting Involve?
It is a three-way communication which involves a professional interpreter or translator and at least two people who speak different languages and who want to communicate with each other. One of the individuals selects the language pair like English and Spanish and once the connection is successful, the client speaks in his language. The interpreter then translates the spoken words allowing the other party to listen to be able to respond. The other person on the line speaks in his or her native language then it will be translated back and relayed to the other person’s language. The interpreter must have excellent skill in both languages.
When Will You Need Mobile Interpreting?
The use of mobile interpreting best fits the following scenarios:
- When traveling to a foreign country
- When attending international business meetings
- When providing customer service support
- When attending to patients or clients who do not speak the same language as yours
- Government agencies
- Legal facilities
- When learning a second language
How Can Your Business Benefit From Mobile Interpreting?
Mobile devices have become so powerful that it makes our lives connected, empowered, and very productive. Here are the reasons why Mobile Interpreting is important to your business as well as for personal use:
- It uses human translator making it personal which enhances the international experience when communicating with other people who speak a different language
- Makes the communication easier and more available wherever part of the world you may be at
- Increases the level of connectedness as it connects people of different cultures and across borders
- Faster way for two parties to communicate in different languages for interpreters are available anytime versus an onsite interpreter
- More language pairs are available including those less used and rare languages
- Very reliable especially in times of emergencies such as police-related situations, medical, and other events that may happen in unexpected time